Who are we?
Omni Calculator exists to give you a superpower - to see the world through the lens of science. We built 2100+ custom calculators which take only seconds to use and give you precisely the numbers you need.
Our calculators clock over 15 million visits per month, and have been covered in media outlets such as The New York Times, The Guardian, and National Geographic.
We just started communicating science through our Youtube channel as a way to reach more people who want to learn about it, or are just curious.
Who are we looking for?
We’re hiring a science script-writer with expertise in one of the following fields: physics, mathematics, "general science" (topics that don't belong to a specific category but require critical thinking).
You will be responsible for coming up with new and entertaining ways to communicate and explain science in video format. You will choose a topic, research it, and propose the best way to engage with our audience.
Your work would include close collaboration with people from different backgrounds (physics, branding, film-making, marketing…) feeding ideas off each other to develop the final product. This project is in the experimental phase, so we’re looking for someone who isn’t afraid to explore, (sometimes) stumble, and is continuously open to trying new directions.
What will you do at Omni Calculator?
- Research topics in your area of expertise (through online sources, scientific articles)
- Develop such topics into video scripts and video descriptions for our target groups
- Choose keywords, titles, thumbnails to optimize your video performance
- Edit footage to bring your script to life
- Work within 9 AM - 5 PM CET Mondays - Fridays, with some flexibility
- Minimum engagement of 20h/week (with a possibility of full-time work in the future)
- Collaborate closely with other people in a dynamic atmosphere
- A certain degree of expertise - educational or work experience - in your area. (physics, mathematics, or science in general). We're looking for someone with a scientific mindset and a proven interest in science
- Creative mindset and ability to communicate a topic in several different ways
- Curious personality and ability to write engaging scripts for both laymen and advanced readers.
- Ability to learn continuously and experiment on different video ideas and reflect on them
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback and work closely with others
- Excellent written English skills (C1 level, we don't need the actual certificate).
- Good self-organization and time management skills.
- Knowledge on (or will to learn) video editing in Davinci Resolve 17 or similar software
Nice to have (but not required)
- Content writing and SEO experience.
- Scriptwriting and video editing experience/knowledge
- Experience in explaining, communicating science, etc.
- Ability to work fully remotely. Still, you are very welcome in our Kraków or Warsaw office.
- An amazing project team to discuss your ideas. And equally awesome whole company international team (over 40 people from more than 10 countries)
- Possibility to perform a highly impactful job that reaches millions of people
Salary & Employment
The base salary is 4400 PLN gross per month. This amount is for a full-time engagement (168 h per month), proportionally less if you work part-time. It may be a bit higher if you live in a country with higher costs of living. If you live outside of Poland, you will need to be able to send us an invoice.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying